This paprika chicken is juicy, tender, and smothered in a bright and tangy lemony sauce. It’s easy to make with just a few pantry staples, and perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner. Serve it with some crusty bread, rice, or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the butter and parsley and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
- You can use chicken thighs instead of breasts if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- You can also add some capers, olives, or artichokes to the sauce for some extra flavor and texture.
- This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free (if you use dairy-free butter).