This blueberry matcha latte is the perfect drink to start your day or enjoy as a midday pick-me-up. It’s creamy, frothy, and bursting with blueberry flavor. Plus, it’s made with only four ingredients (five if you count the whipped cream) and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the almond milk and matcha powder until well combined and frothy.
- In a microwave-safe mug, heat the blueberry syrup for about 15 seconds or until warm.
- Pour the matcha mixture over the blueberry syrup and stir gently.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh blueberries if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious Blueberry Matcha Latte!
- A blender or a milk frother will make the almond milk and matcha powder more frothy and smooth.
- Homemade blueberry syrup is easy to make by simmering fresh or frozen blueberries, water, and sugar in a small saucepan until thickened. Some lemon juice or vanilla extract will add some extra flavor.
- Coconut milk or oat milk will give a creamier and richer texture than almond milk. Some coconut cream or oat cream will enhance the creaminess.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom will add a warm and cozy spice to the matcha mixture. Some sprinkled on top of the whipped cream will also look nice.
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar are natural and healthier sweeteners than blueberry syrup. The amount of sweetener can be adjusted according to taste.