There’s something so comforting and satisfying about a plate of perfectly cooked salmon with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. It’s one of those meals that just makes you feel good, you know? And the best part is that it’s so easy to make at home.
I’ve always been a big fan of salmon. It’s such a versatile fish that can be cooked in so many different ways. Plus, it’s packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that are great for your body. And when it comes to mashed potatoes, well, who doesn’t love them? They’re the ultimate comfort food.
So when I’m looking for a simple and delicious meal that I know will make me feel good, I often turn to grilled salmon with mashed potatoes. It’s one of those dishes that’s easy to make but still feels special and impressive. And the best part is that it’s so customizable – you can add different herbs and spices to the salmon or mix in some roasted garlic or cheese to the mashed potatoes to make it your own.
In this blog post, I’m going to share with you my go-to recipe for grilled salmon with mashed potatoes. It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or complicated techniques. But don’t let its simplicity fool you – this dish is packed with flavor and is sure to impress your taste buds.
But before we dive into the recipe, let me tell you a little bit about why I love this dish so much. First of all, it’s just so darn delicious. The salmon is tender and flavorful, and the mashed potatoes are creamy and comforting. It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
But beyond just being delicious, this dish is also really good for you. Salmon is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats, and potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals. So not only does this meal taste great, but it also nourishes your body.
And finally, one of the things I love most about this dish is how easy it is to make. You don’t need any special equipment or skills to whip up a plate of grilled salmon with mashed potatoes. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights when you want something quick and easy but still satisfying.
So there you have it – just a few reasons why I love this grilled salmon with mashed potatoes recipe so much. I hope I’ve convinced you to give it a try! In the rest of this blog post, I’ll walk you through the recipe step by step and share some tips and tricks for making it even more delicious.
- 7 oz of Atlantic salmon
- 5.3 oz of potatoes
- Vinegar / Soy sauce
- Lemon zest
- 2 or 3 basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Start by heating up a non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add 1 or 2 portions of salmon to the pan (no need to thaw!) and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Make sure to cover the pan and turn the salmon halfway through cooking.
- While the salmon is cooking, let’s make the mashed potatoes. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the whole, unpeeled potatoes. Cook for about 30 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and let them cool slightly before peeling them.
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked potatoes with chopped basil leaves, lemon zest, olive oil, pepper and salt until you have a smooth puree.
- Time to plate! Spoon some mashed potatoes onto a plate and top with a piece of grilled salmon.
- Finish it off with a couple of basil leaves and a drizzle of soy sauce or vinegar.
- One way to add more flavor to the salmon is to marinate it before cooking. You could mix together some soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger and let the salmon marinate in the mixture for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will give the salmon a delicious sweet and savory flavor.
- Another way to enhance the flavor of the mashed potatoes is to add some roasted garlic. Simply roast a head of garlic in the oven until it’s soft and caramelized, then mash it into the potatoes along with the other ingredients. The roasted garlic will add a rich, savory flavor to the mashed potatoes.
- If you want to add some extra nutrition to this dish, you could serve it with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables. Some good options include broccoli, asparagus, or green beans. Simply toss the vegetables with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and cook until tender.
- For a more indulgent version of this dish, you could top the salmon with a creamy sauce. A simple lemon-dill sauce made with sour cream, lemon juice, and fresh dill would be a delicious addition to this dish.
- Another way to add more flavor to the mashed potatoes is to use chicken or vegetable broth instead of water when boiling the potatoes. This will infuse the potatoes with more flavor and make them even more delicious.
- Finally, if you want to add some crunch to this dish, you could top it with some toasted breadcrumbs or chopped nuts. Simply toast some breadcrumbs or nuts in a dry pan until golden brown and sprinkle them over the top of the salmon and mashed potatoes before serving.