Empadão de Atum, or Tuna Pie, is a delicious and comforting dish that’s perfect for any day of the week. Made with simple ingredients like potatoes, tuna, and vegetables, this pie is easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrition.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a tasty and satisfying Tuna Pie from scratch. We’ll walk you through the steps and share our tips and tricks for making the perfect pie every time. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Tuna Pie is a versatile dish that can be adapted to suit your taste and dietary needs. You can add your favorite vegetables to the filling or switch up the protein for a different flavor. You can also make this recipe gluten-free or dairy-free by using the appropriate substitutions.
One of the things we love about Tuna Pie is how easy it is to make. You start by cooking the potatoes and making mashed potatoes. While the potatoes are cooking, you can prepare the filling by sautéing vegetables and tuna in a pan. Once everything is cooked, you assemble the pie by layering the filling and mashed potatoes in a baking dish. Then you bake the pie until it’s golden brown on top.
Tuna Pie is a comforting and satisfying meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. It’s easy to make and can be prepared in advance for even more convenience. Serve it hot with a side salad for a complete meal that everyone will love.
In this blog post, we’ll share our favorite Tuna Pie recipe with you. We’ll show you how to make this delicious dish from scratch using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. We’ll also share our tips and tricks for making the perfect pie every time.
So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal that’s sure to become a family favorite, keep reading! This Tuna Pie recipe is just what you need.
- 1.3 lbs of potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jar of tuna in water
- 0.2 cups of olive oil
- Chopped parsley to taste
- 0.4 cups of milk
- Nutmeg to taste
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- Start by washing the potatoes and cutting them in half. Cook them in a pot of salted water until they’re tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash the eggplants and cut off the ends. Slice them into thin strips and set them aside.
- Next, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves. Open the jar of tuna, drain it, and shred it with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and eggplant and cook until everything is soft and tender. Pour in 0.8 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the tuna and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and let them cool down a bit. Peel off their skin and cut them into pieces. Pass them through a food mill to make mashed potatoes.
- Add the hot milk to the mashed potatoes and mix well. Season with nutmeg to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 392°F (200°C). Spread the tuna mixture in a baking dish and top it with the mashed potatoes. Smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Brush the top of the pie with the egg yolk and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve your Tuna Pie hot with a side salad for a complete meal.
- You can add other ingredients to this Tuna Pie recipe to make it your own. Some ideas could be adding vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini or spinach to the tuna mixture.
- There are many vegetables that you can add to this Tuna Pie recipe to make it even more nutritious and flavorful. Some options could be diced carrots, peas, corn, green beans or broccoli.
- You could also try adding some leafy greens like spinach or kale. Just make sure to cook the vegetables before adding them to the tuna mixture so that they’re tender and fully cooked.
- You could also try adding some cheese on top of the mashed potatoes before baking for a cheesy crust. Feel free to experiment and add your favorite ingredients to make this recipe even more delicious!
- You can use other types of fish or meat instead of tuna in this pie recipe. Some options could be salmon, shredded chicken, ground beef or pork. Just make sure to cook the meat or fish before adding it to the pie filling. You could also try using a combination of different proteins to add more flavor and texture to the dish.