Hello lovely people! Today I want to share with you a fantastic recipe that’s perfect for seafood lovers – Clams in Marinara Sauce, or as it’s known in Spain, Almejas a la Marinera. This classic dish hails from the beautiful coast of Spain and is packed with flavor and goodness.
Now, I know some of you might be thinking “clams? I’m not sure about that…” but trust me, this recipe is an absolute winner. The clams are cooked in a delicious tomato-based sauce with garlic, onions, and white wine, creating a dish that’s bursting with flavor. Almejas a la Marinera is a true taste of the sea and is sure to impress your friends and family.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You can have Almejas a la Marinera on the table in no time, making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a fancy dinner party. Plus, it’s a great way to introduce your friends and family to the deliciousness of clams.
But enough talking – let’s get cooking! To make Almejas a la Marinera, you’ll need some fresh clams, garlic, onions, white wine, and a few other simple ingredients. Start by sautéing the garlic and onions in olive oil until they’re nice and soft. Then add the flour and paprika and stir quickly to form a paste.
Pour in the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate before adding the homemade tomato sauce and bay leaf. Let it thicken for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Finally, add the clean clams and let them cook until they open. Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley and enjoy!
This Almejas a la Marinera recipe is an absolute joy to make and eat. It’s packed with flavor and goodness, and is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 4.4 lbs of clean clams
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.5 fl oz of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 cup of white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper (to taste)
- Before we get started, let’s talk about prepping those clams. It’s super important to remove any sand they may have, so be sure to soak them in a large pot or plastic container with water and a good handful of coarse salt for about three hours before cooking. Don’t forget to change the water three or four times!
- Now, let’s get cooking! Start by sautéing the chopped garlic and onions in extra virgin olive oil until they’re nice and soft.
- Then, add the flour and sweet paprika and stir quickly to form a paste.
- Pour in the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate before adding the homemade tomato sauce and bay leaf.
- Let it thicken for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Finally, add the clean clams and let them cook until they open.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley and enjoy!
- There are many variations of the Clams in Marinara Sauce recipe. Some people like to add different ingredients such as diced tomatoes, bell peppers, or chorizo.
- Others prefer to use different types of wine or broth instead of white wine. The recipe can also be adapted to personal taste by adjusting the amount of spices or herbs used.
- There are many ingredients that you can add to the Clams in Marinara Sauce recipe to create your own variation. Some popular additions include:
- Chorizo: diced and sautéed with the garlic and onions for added flavor.
- Seafood: such as shrimp or mussels, cooked with the clams for a seafood medley.
- Broth: chicken or vegetable broth can be used instead of white wine for a different flavor.
- Lemon juice: a squeeze of fresh lemon juice can add a bright, tangy flavor to the dish.
- Herbs: such as thyme or rosemary, can be added for extra depth of flavor.
You can experiment with different combinations of ingredients to find the perfect variation for your taste.